Thursday 22 November 2012

Characters


Blog: Characters
A character is really important in a story. All of them are important. I love describing my characters I have a book full of them with their personal differences of age, status, powers, appearance, style, persona, talents, etc,. Describing the main characters is really relevant in the beginning of a piece because it lets the reader know about who he or she is reading about and what the story is going to be. I have learned from many books and by myself how to do that a long time ago. I have always read anything I could find since I am a young girl and I couldn’t stop reading at night even when I was going to have a big day. Some writers that I find are good in characters are Anne Robillard with her successful series ‘‘Les Chevaliers d’Émeraude’’ and ‘‘A.N.G.E’’. Those are French books but I really feel she captured the essence of a character. I love J.K Rowling too and the huge work she did on the Harry Potter series. And I am very interested in scripts for movies because that type of writing requires for the actor actress to know well who they will perform. I have done scriptwriting classes and it was quite interesting to learn about that different and direct form of writing. Characters must be described physically- for the reader to have some clues about the appearance-, mentally and its environment must be describe as well including his or her reactions to things. The personality is really important to deepen.  You will want your readers to be entertained, to be thrilled and to feel empathy for your characters. They have to be into it and not wanting to stop reading your art work. That is why characters are extremely important in any writing that exists. For novels, cinema, tv shows, theater, etc,. 

Leonie Philippe Beaudoin

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I love creating characters and their world. This is actually my favorite part of all when I'm writing a story. I could write a whole story on someone's life. Maybe I would be the only one interested in my story, but whatever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree characters (and characterization) are definitely an important part of writing and literature. I mean we all (I assume) become so invested in the characters of novels we read, and that's part of what makes reading such an amazing experience. Likewise, creating a character really takes a lot of investment in the process! Truthfully, I think literature captures characters in a way that no tv show or movie can though. It's just a whole other experience on a different level! But maybe that's just how I see it. :P

    -Ivory

    ReplyDelete